Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This is odd…

So I spent some time this morning looking up shuttle tatting, and it turns out maybe I wasn't doing it backwards. Maybe half the population of tatters does it backwards.

So now I am wondering if maybe the whole problem is the way that I am holding my thread, and not what I am doing with my shuttle? I am also wondering if it really matters, once I flip it all over it looks exactly as it should.

interesting……

I’m still going to use needle for the projects I have brewing right now, but my theory is that I’ll do the projects in needle, and then once I’m done with them try them out with shuttle.

The other problem is that I know me. And I know me well enough to know that if I decide that I really enjoy shuttle tatting I am going to want to make my own shuttles. Ok, actually I have already started doing searches to see if I can figure out how to make them with poly clay.
Ok, ok.. I have made a couple of them in the Lady Hoare style, but I want to make some with bobbins.
Do any of you fellow tatters have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment